Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight
Effective July 1, 2021, APPRISE is now Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight, PA MEDI – Same Program, Same Services for Pennsylvania’s Medicare Beneficiaries, now with a New Name.
Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight (PA MEDI) offers free Medicare counseling to older Pennsylvanians. PA MEDI Counselors are specially trained to answer your questions and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, and Long-Term Care Insurance.
PA MEDI Counselors do not sell Medicare products but rather offer current, unbiased Medicare education to help you make the most informed choice about the Medicare options available to you.
Our PA MEDI Counselors can help you:
- Understand Medicare eligibility and enrollment
- Understand your Medicare benefits by explaining what services are covered under Medicare Parts A and B and your Medicare Summary Notice
- Understand your Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) benefit
- Make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, Medigap policies and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Understand financial assistance programs that may be available to help pay for your Medicare premiums, deductible and co-pays, as well as your prescription drug needs (Extra Help and Medicare Savings Plan)
- Understand and assist with the Medicare appeal process
- Understand benefits under Long-Term Care policies
- By making presentations on Medicare to your group or organization
To get started, contact the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) serving your local area using the AAA Locator.